There were two codfish stations located in Dora Harbor. The above picture shows the traces of the one that was next to the stream, located on the north side of the harbor. The manager of the Union Fish station was Gunder Gundersen, from Norway, who later became the patriarch of the Gundersen family at Pauloff Harbor, Sanak Island. Most of his descendents now live in Sand Point, because Pauloff Harbor was abandoned in the early 1960s. A village did not grow up around the codfish stations here in Dora Harbor as happened in Sanak.
"The Dora Harbor, Unimak Island, stations of the Alaska Codfish Co. and the Union Fish Co. were established in 1897 and 1898, respectively. While they were quite productive the first two seasons, they have been steadily diminishing in importance ever since. The Sannak Island station men are transferred to these stations in the spring, after the cod have moved off into the deep water surrounding Sannak Island, and are brought back again in the fall when the fish have again returned to the shoal waters."1
An 1888 account of codfishing by schooner and at codfish stations can be read here.